Northlands shopping centre’s pathway to energy efficiency
Primewest Northlands Shopping Centre, is located in Balcatta Western Australia, between Wanneroo Rd & Amelia St.
The building was constructed in the early 1970’s
- HVAC: Refurbishment of the air-conditioning system.
- Improve the shopping centre’s energy efficiency
- Installation within the tenancies without affecting their business operation.
- Architectural considerations / upgrades. Coordinating the design between the owner’s requirements and the major tenant’s design brief.
- The building was constructed in the early 1970’s. Unknown issues that are generally found during the project due to the missing as constructed documentation.
- Compliance considerations raised at the kick-off of site works (roof access, asbestos, obsolete Fire Panel, undersized neutral cable for the MSSB).
- The central mechanical plant was operational but major components had reached the end of serviceable life.
- Air distribution was insufficient. Internal ductwork was in poor condition and didn’t comply with the current best practice.
- The electrical distribution was not capable of feeding the tenants’ air conditioning thus the electrical distribution boards were partly replaced, and the cable sizes were upgraded.