Award-winning hotel’s energy reduction journey
4-Star Hotel with large function centre engaged HFM to review the status of their building.
As part of the project, the central chiller and room HVAC were replaced, solar PV deployed, maintenance management systems were updated, and training was provided to key personnel.
Key results of this project involve significant reduction in energy consumption and winning an Environmental Practice award.
PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION
HFM were engaged by the owner to:
- Review the status of the central chilled water plant.
- Provide alternative options for the deployment of solar to the main complex.
- Review potential benefits for the deployment of power factor equipment.
- Provision of training to hotel personnel on:
- Maintenance management
- Energy conservation
- Demand Management
- Reduction in electricity consumption of 161,244 kWh between 2017 and 2018 from the Solar PV, and a reduction in expenditure $28,000 ROI – 22%.
- Reduction of 235,000 kWh related to the HVAC upgrades and a reduction in expenditure $40,200 ROI – 9.1%.
- Winner of the Best Environmental Practice Award.
- Additionally, the Electricity Procurement, Gas Procurement and Demand Side Management Services provided by HFM helped the hotel achieve further cost-related savings.