Ocean keys shopping centre’s water efficiency management plan (WEMP)
Ocean Keys Shopping Centre engaged HFM for a Water Review & Stage 1 Water Efficiency Management Plan (WEMP) in 2018.
The management of water on the site, was improved due to a number of items, including:
- Water Efficient fixtures and fittings installed.
- Extensive sub-metering on site to further investigate water consumption.
- A leak was identified in one of the large retail stores within Ocean Keys.
- Interval data logger deployed on site for time of use detailed water use.
- Management of retic system.
Ocean Keys is one of the first few retail centres to achieve a 4-star NABERS Water Rating. The consumption at this location as of FY 2018/2019 was 26,267 KL. This equates to 0.705 KL/sqm, which is a great outcome keeping in mind that the benchmark average for similar size locations is 0.92 KL/sqm.
ONGOING REVIEW & RECOMMENDATIONS
Additional to the Water Review and Stage 1 WEMP; Ocean Keys also engaged HFM for their Monthly Utility Monitoring Reporting services, which has provided the site with continuous review and insights of their utilities’ consumption and recommendations for improvement.