New student accommodation at the University of Melbourne
AREA3 has been providing project management services to support the University of Melbourne’s School of Engineering in delivering this prestigious $450 million program of student accommodation. In 2016 the university commissioned a multidisciplinary design team to construct accommodation to cater for the anticipated rapid growth. The delivery of the initial pilot program is currently being rolled out across Parkville, Carlton Connect and a confidential New Campus. It includes the fit out of leased office space to be utilised as decanting accommodation, to support the smooth transition of staff and students across the university. The objectives of the Accommodation Strategy are to map out future infrastructure capacity, using the School of Engineering ‘Spaces for 2025’ report as a guide.
- Working with the prestigious and dynamic University of Melbourne.
- Envisioning a project with a focus on the future, predicting growth.
- Coordinating the roll out of a pilot program to test the project’s viability.
- Collaborating with a variety of disciplinary professionals to design the best solution.
- Supporting the university with undertaking the huge $450m project.